St Thomas Tamaki relies on the generosity of its parishioners and the community.
How can I give?
All donations are tax deductible. Ensure you provide your details for a tax receipt
- Offertory collection during Sunday service
- Bank account direct credit to xx-xxxx-xxxxxxx-xx
- One off donations to the church office
Tithing envelopes can be requested from Parish Recorder. Tax receipts are issued at the end of each financial year.
We acknowledge the generous gifts of members of our Church and community.
Stained glass windows
Donated by Mr. Stevenson in memory of his parents.
In the centre light Christ is depicted looking down on the congregation. On the left is St. Thomas and on the right Bishop Selwyn, for whom the original Church of St. Thomas was built. Beneath St. Thomas is the coat of arms of the See of Calcutta, with which the diocese of Auckland is closely associated, and under Bishop Selwyn is the coat of arms of the See of Auckland.
Featuring the miracle of the feeding of the five thousand, with the arresting caption “There is a lad here” with the monograms of the Evangelists Ss. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John on the four supporting panels.
The “Arresting Caption” is a quote from the Gospel of St John, chapter 6 verse 9, which describes the scene; “There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?”
Mr Jack Butland gave the Organ in 1970. This was a Classical organ – one of two in New Zealand.
The organ is of the type that has no swell boxes.
|Font of Oamaru stone and Hinuera stone and brass ewer||Vicar and Vestry St Heliers Bay Parish (1958)|
|Brass eagle lectern||Mrs Cole. Inscription – “To the glory of God in memory of Revd. Wm Marsden. Du Rieu MA (Cantab) Vicar of St Thomas Union Street, Auckland. 1887 – 1907|
|Prayer desk and book||Mr and Mrs Putt|
|Holy bible||Mr Williams|
|Altar book||Mrs Henderson|
|Silver goblet||Mr and Mrs S Kingston|
|Handworked alter cloths & communion linen||Miss Coupland|
|Pews from the following people:||Mr T Barton (3)|
Mr A Atkinson
Mr and Mrs Piper
Mr and Mirs Postles
Mr P Vos
Mr IC Steele
Late Mrs Russell
Mrs St Clair Brown
Mr and Mrs de Lautour
Mr and Mrs Willis
Mr and Mrs C Jonas
|1/2 Sanctuary carpet||Mr IC Steele|
|Choir upstand||Mr CR Stead|
|Small pew||Mrs K McNabb|
|Small pew||Mr S Reid|
|Litany desk||Mr J Kidson|
|Prayer desk and chair||Mrs E Havell|
|Chair||Miss Bond and Mrs Grant|
|Prayer and hymn books||Anon|
Mrs G Turner
|Alms dish and holder||Mr O Wilson|
|Cross||Mr S Baigent|
|Flower vases||Mrs F Wallis|
|Candlesticks||Mrs E Nosworthy|
|Bread box||St Thomas’ Church, Union St|
|Frames photographs of old ruins||Mrs A More|
|Reredos curtains||Takle and Co|
|Bread box||In memory of Margaret McGowa|
|Chalice and patten||Mr R Reid|
|Red carpet||In memory of Ann Deacon|
|Two candlesticks||Mr and Mrs R Muller|
|Peace banner||Mrs J Matthews|
|Alter frontal cloth||Mrs J Osborne|